Sunday, September 14, 2008

Seeing Red


The beautiful ruby slippers above were worn by Judy Garland in the MGM film The Wizard of Oz and are found at the National Museum of American History.

Dr. Sexson mentioned Oz was found in many places... like in BOZeman for example and then I got to thinking that the ruby slippers are found here too. 628 W. Maint St. BOZman, MT 59715. Has anyone been to Ruby Slippers on Main Sreet? If you are into cute shoes at high prices then this is the store for you. Anyway, I thought it was interesting that a place called Ruby Slippers was found in our own town. We can all go down to the store, in our backyard so to speak, and find our own pair of dazzling footwear....except for the guys, unless you are into that sort of thing. SO we have the Seperation from where we are and go to Ruby Slippers to find great new shoes which is our Initiation into adventure and in this case a life with new amazing shoes and then we Return home with an amazing pair of new shoes and new adventures we had in them. I know it is more complicated than this. Dorothy had quite the adventure in her shoes or rather the shoes of the Wicked Witch of the East which I suppose were now rightfully hers. HOWEVER, if you have read the novel Wicked you will know that the shoes are rightfully for the "Wicked" Witch of the West. Wherefore The "Wicked" Witch of the West really isn't so wicked, she just wants her shoes and I must admit if someone had stolen my super cute pair of shoes, I would want them back too. I don't really have super cute shoes, so not to worry.


No comments: