Thursday, November 27, 2008

a dust joke

A little boy was playing with a bouncey ball in his room and it rolled under his bed. He looked under his bed and yelled urgently for his mom. When she got to the room he asked, "is it true that man was made from dust, and when he dies he returns to dust?" the mom answered, "yes this is true." and the little boy said, "well, quick look under my bed because someone is either goin' or comin'."

My Dad told this joke to my 10-year-old cousin Andy at the Thanksgiving table. I asked my Dad where he heard that and he said it was from Paul Harvey in 1958. I don't know how my dad remembered the year he heard it, but he just did. The joke reminded me of page 273 in The Golden Compass where I think Lord Asriel is telling Lyra about Adam and Eve and the Dust.
***

"And now you know, the rest of the story....."

No comments: