Saturday, November 15, 2008

A list of the impossible...or the possible?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney

I was trying to think of impossible things, and it isn't hard to do, but I was still troubled. Impossible things depend on reality and dreams. Most of these impossible things could never happen in real life, notice I say most because I believe we don't really know what is impossible. But all of these impossible things are completely possible in our dreams.

So then if I write down a list of impossible things then it might really be a list of possible things. Or what if we read a book and we become the character in the book we do impossible things as the character like riding on the back of a polar bear who talks or talking to a large catapillar smoking a hookah or dancing down a yellow brick road with a scarecrow, tinman, and lion? Then we are able to do impossible things so that these things become possible through dreams and reading. So then am I providing you with a list of 5 impossible things or 5 possible things? Whatever it is, here is a list of both impossible and possible things:

1- I seperate my soul from my body and place it within my dog Copper and he will now live forever as my daemon.
2- When Sutter and I go fishing I will catch a Sperm Whale in the Upper Madison.
3- My hair will grow 3 feet over night.
4 - The law of gravity will be abolished by congress and we will all float around but we will still be able to breathe.
5 - A large ship from the 19th Century will plunge through the Overbrook neighborhood and Larry (our neighbor) will hop on board with Sue and Little Bear and they will fly away into the sky to play the ultimate game of jepordy to save the world with attacking aliens.
(6) - Sutter :P
I do the impossible for most college students everyday by waking up before 8 am.

"You pass through places and places pass through you, but you carry them with you on the soles of your travelin' shoes.......the littlest birds sing the prettiest songs..... it's time like these I feel so small and wild, like the ramblin' footsteps of a wanderin' child.....the littlest birds sing the prettiest songs....." The Be Good Tanyas

No comments: