Thursday, December 11, 2008

Group #6 best in the west: Script for the Puppet Show

Narrator: It was an average Saturday night in the town of Bozeman, Montana.....
Toto running down the street and Dorothy chasing.
Dorothy: Toto! Come! Toto!
Galinda is standing in front of a house catches Toto
Galinda: Is this your dog?
Dorothy: Yes thank you so much for catching him.
Galinda: There’s a party inside, come join in.
Dorothy: No, I don’t think so, I don’t know anyone.
Galinda: Sure ya do. Why, you are connected to everyone here. For example, you are carrying a basket, a basket is also found hanging off of a hot air balloon, and hot air balloons produce lots of heat, like in the movie Titanic when Jack Dawson and Rose heat up the backseat of a car in the cargo hold; CARGO is also a Canadian brand of cosmetics that is a multimillion dollar company, the name CARGO comes from the idea that makeup is every woman's “cargo”, also in Canada there is a brand of whiskey called Canadian Club produced by Hiram Walker & Sons in Windsor, Ontario and people at the party in this house behind me are drinking whiskey cokes. There, you are connected to almost everyone here. And you could do that for everyone in this party individually if you take your time.
Dorothy: Okay, when you put it that way, I guess I’ll come in for a bit.
SCENE CHANGE
Narrator: As they walk inside the house Dorothy loses Galinda.
Dorothy: (to Toto) Toto, I can’t seem to see Galinda anywhere. Maybe I’ll get a drink. Bozeman sure is a small town but we sure aren’t in the sorority circle anymore.
Narrator: Dorothy walks over to the keg and finds Tinman.
Dorothy: Excuse me; do you know whose party this is?
Tinman: No. (Sarcastically) Nice dog. Who brings a dog to a party? That is so typical for a girl to be carrying around a little dog. Time for a new image. It just isn’t working.
Dorothy: You don’t have to be so mean. I only wanted to say hello. And just so you know Toto is the original canine accessory, without me and Toto, Paris Hilton would have no Princess.
Tinman: I’m sorry. I’m a heartless bastard; I’m trying to be better. I’m just bitter because I am part of that large group of guys who can’t get a girl, you know what they say, ‘welcome to man-tana’ there just aren’t enough women here to go around. Maybe that has something to do with the climate. And on top of that (says angrily like he’s been hurt before) girls think men have no heart and no feelings.
Dorothy: Well, if you talk to girls like you did to me it’s no wonder. But of course you have a heart.
Narrator: Dorothy and Tinman and joined by Scarecrow.
Scarecrow: Excuse me, I just wanted to introduce myself, I’m Scarecrow, and I’m a part of S.C.A.R.E. which stands for Students Cooperating Against Raging Inebriation. I just started the club and I’m looking for people to join.
Tinman: You’ll have to do better than that because if S.C.A.R.E. ends with an E then inebriation is the wrong word. You sure you don’t want to end your little club and have a beer?
Scarecrow: No.
Tinman: What’s wrong with you? Not drinking on a Friday night. Why would you come to a party that is designated to getting drunk and be anti-drunk. Are you stupid?
Scarecrow: No, I’m not stupid, I know lots of things, like...like....well I know lots of things.
Lion runs into the room
Lion: Hey! Hey everyone! I’m jumping off the roof onto the trampoline and it’s dedicated to this girl right here in the red shoes. Then we’re all going streaking!
Narrator: As everyone is running out to the backyard Scarecrow says:
Scarecrow: What do you think the chances are that Lion jumps off the roof?
Dorothy: One in three, of course.
Narrator: As Dorothy and Scarecrow are running outside Dorothy accidentally spills her drink on the witch’s shoes.
Dorothy: I’m so sorry I ruined your shoes. It was an accident! Here let me mop them up.
Witch: Agh! Don’t touch me! These are $150,000 shoes paid for by the Republican Party and I think the only way you can make it up to me is by giving me your shoes.
Dorothy: I really can’t give you these shoes, they are priceless really.
Someone yells: FIGHT! in the backyard! Lion is gonna get the shit kicked out of him!
SCENE CHANGE
Narrator: Dorothy gets swept up in the stampede of people and finds herself outside but she can’t find the fight and spots Lion hiding on the roof.Dorothy: (says to Toto) I don’t see a fight and poor Lion is hiding on the roof. Oh Toto, this backyard is so lovely and green!
Narrator: Dorothy goes over to the turn tables to speak with DJ Wizard.
Dorothy: Excuse me, Mr. DJ Wizard.
DJ Wizard: Oh you sure are pretty, I’m gonna get you baby.
Dorothy: Thanks but, I think I’m already gotten. I would just like you to play a song for me.
DJ Wizard: Anything for a pretty girl, but I need you to bring me a drink first, my favorite. It’s called a Wizball. It calls for a half ounce of rum, half ounce of schnapps or root beer, and half a can of Red Bull. You mix the rum and schnapps in a shot glass and drop it in a highball glass of red bull. I have to have that drink before I can play your song.
Dorothy: I’ll be right back then.
Narrator: Dorothy goes over to the bar to get the drink.
Dorothy: (to the bartender) May I please have a Wizball for DJ Wizard?
Narrator: Dorothy looks over and there is the Witch with her gang of girls and the Witch says:
Witch: He’s making the last one for me, and now he’s out of rum and Red Bull. Too bad for you.
Dorothy: You are horrible. Absolutely horrible! You can’t treat people like that.
Narrator: Dorothy is so upset and starts flinging her arms all about and hits a glass of water that someone is holding and it spills all over the Witch.
Witch: Now look what you’ve done! I knew I should have worn my waterproof mascara, but of course I didn’t think they would let losers like you into this party. UGH! My make-up, it’s running....its running!
Narrator: And with that the Witch ran off to the bathroom. And her gang of girls spoke to Dorothy:Witch’s posse: -Thanks for getting rid of her. – Yeah. She is like so annoying! Later girl. Posse Exeunt.
Narrator: So, Dorothy takes the Wizball drink over to DJ Wizard.
Dorothy: Here’s your Wizball. Now can I have my song?
DJ Wizard: And this song goes out to Dorothy because she brought me my favorite drink and she has awesome red shoes!
The song “Somewhere over the rainbow” starts playing.
Narrator: Lion felt so inspired by the music, and the 7 beers he drank that he felt the courage to jump off the roof, landing on the trampoline safely.
Lion: This is for you Dorothy!
Narrator: Dorothy was happy for Lion, but she was tired and wanted to go home.
Dorothy: (to Toto) Oh Toto, I’m so tired. I wish I knew where to get a ride home. I don’t know what to do.
Narrator: Scarecrow overheard this and said:
Scarecrow: I haven’t been drinking at all tonight. I could give you a ride home.
Dorothy: Scarecrow, that is so smart of you to do. Thank you.
Tinman: May I get a ride too?
Lion: Me too! I think I may have twisted my ankle after that gnarly jump.
Narrator: So they all walked out to the front of the house and got in the car and Dorothy, feeling comfortable in the car, said:
Dorothy: Scarecrow, thank you so much for taking me home. There is no place like home. Yawns. Just no place like home....
SCENE CHANGE
Then the scene is covered by black and then a bedroom scene is reveled.
Dorothy: sits up in bed and Toto is on her bed. Oh my, I just had the strangest dream. Toto, you were in it and there was a party, and I met the strangest guys and this awful girl who wanted my shoes. ....Am I still dreaming? Or is this your dream, Dorothy points at the audience. Yes, all of you sitting in those desks, are you watching this puppet show or just dreaming that you are? Is this all a product of your imagination? Is this part of your daydream that you’ve been dreaming because you were bored in class and you went to a party last night? What happens when you wake up? Or wait...when I wake up? Will we all cease to be?
Narrator: Dorothy lied back down in her bed and thought out loud to herself:
Dorothy: Ah....life, what is it but a dream?

No comments: